Getting people to listen to your podcast is easier said than done. To get the right people to listen is even harder, and promoting your show left and right won’t give you the results you want. You need to engage the right listeners at the right time, and in the right place.
You need to find a podcast ecosystem.
Few successful podcasts exist alone. Instead, the podcast landscape is largely made up of ecosystems. Podcasts in the same ecosystem cater to a shared audience while offering something different from the shows around them.
Joining one is the most dependable way to attract engaged listeners.
This analysis reveals the most relevant podcast ecosystem for your show.* After an introductory meeting, I will identify your ideal audience’s location in the wider podcast landscape, their motivations for listening, their values, their engagement preferences, and specific shows they enjoy that are relative to your size and scope. You will also receive a custom promotional strategy for joining an ecosystem of similar shows to grow your audience.
- Consultant will conduct a two-hour Discovery Session to identify the client’s:**
- Brand Values
- Unique Qualities/Advantages
- State of Existing Podcast (if applicable)
- Based on these characteristics, consultant will conduct qualitative research to locate appropriate podcast ecosystem
- Consultant will create insight report on ecosystem, outlining key shows and audience characteristics
- Consultant will create custom promotional strategy, including:
- List of Ideal Collaborators w/ Breakdown
- Outreach Tasks
- Outreach Scripts
- Best Practices and Additional Recommendations
- Consultant will conduct two or more live follow up sessions, providing feedback and further recommendations as necessary (1 hour each)
- Insight Report
- Custom Promotional Strategy Document
- Live Follow Up Sessions
Total Time Required: 10 Weeks
- Introductory Meeting – Week 0
- Discovery Session – Week 0
- Insight Report – Week 2
- Custom Promotional Strategy – Week 4
- Follow-Up 1 – Week 6
- Follow-Up 2 – Week 10
- Client will coordinate with consultant to determine timing for project
- If applicable, client will provide data relating to listener engagement (downloads, social media, survey results, etc.)
- Client will be responsible for coordinating with any additional meeting/session attendees
- Client will provide consultant with license for any necessary audience discovery tools (< $150 USD)
- Client will coordinate with necessary staff to execute outreach tasks within the timeline provided
- Client will provide constructive feedback and guidance in reviews
- Client will review & accept Deliverables within 3 days of final submission
- Client will provide relevant source materials & data, licensed, company and brand assets & guidelines, etc.
- Out-of-scope or additional requests will require a separate Engagement
*Scope and pricing are reflective of a single podcast. May vary based on the nature of the project.
**If you are an individual rather than an organization, please let me know.