I help startups secure funding for all types of consumer products or services with credible proof of buyer Audience potential.
Audience Validation for Startups
Every investor pitch deck is an all-consuming undertaking of time, imagination, and endless rewrites. If investors fall in love with your idea and want to offer funding, that means they also need to ‘be’ in love with your audience. After all, the audience has to be proven ‘real’ for your opportunity to be ‘believed.’ Your opportunity’s Audience needs to include ready buyers, so it gains market traction as soon as possible. It needs to also include mid-term buyers to sustain revenue momentum. Your Audience needs to be large enough to support and sustain your proposed business model.
Over the past 29 years I have successfully predicted hundreds of brand Audiences for new & existing products, many kinds of consumer services, and causes. Each of these Audiences was able to be defined based on brand attributes, sized, located & validated before any spending took place. Post marketing spend results were analyzed for more than 300 case studies. Audiences defined by brand attributes performed 2x-3x better than demographically defined audiences and matched up to actual new customers 90-98% of the time.
Getting the brand Audience definition to be accurate involves architecting the Audience’s composition only on those consumers with a predisposition to buy a product or a service or support a cause.
Why your Startup’s Audience definition is so important!
The above findings were representative of such cases across the board. The only exceptions were for brands that were defined by demographics. In these cases, the demographics included everyone in the brand Audiences but also many in the demographic who were not qualified by brand attributes.
Audiences defined by brand attributes are designed so they can be reachable through and transferrable to all types of media and marketing channels: traditional, digital, mobile, print, direct, onboarding applications and social media. The same is true for all types of creative and market level executions.
- Initial consultation call to discuss your specific situation, solution strategy and any other details.
- Define, confirm, and validate one start-up Audience definition. Deck slide(s) for your use includes:
- Audience definition in plain English
- Audience Definition Rationale
- Audience Potential # in the U.S.
- Up to 10 validation data points of Audience quality
- Startup Audience potential by zip code with index against comparison population (usually Adults 18+).
- Deck slide for your use includes audience heat map of applicable geography & local map example.
- Excel report for your use includes audience % & # totals indexed against all Adults by Zip Code, County and State
- Interactive Heat Map in Power BI, included if customer licenses from Microsoft @ $10.65 per month
- Pricing applicable to end consumer audiences only. B2B Audiences need to be separately quoted.
- Initial 1h consultation call to discuss your specific situation, solution strategy and any other details: FREE
- Fixed Fee starting from $11,500.
- Hourly consulting support available at $250/hour: detailed work plan and reliable time estimates.
- Meetings & Presentations
- Additional Analysis