Business Opportunity Customer Intelligence and Communication Planning are designed to provide a focus to your business development team in order to gain maximum understanding of your potential new Customer and how best to communicate to increase your “probability of win” (Pwin).
Clients who benefit most from this service suite often observe that they keep losing despite spending large sums of money. They also may observe that despite having good people and capture and proposal management processes, they often observe that the Customer’s requirements are often difficult to fully understand and to craft winning solutions. How do you increase your understanding through both research and effective communication?
If you find your organization wishing more were known about an upcoming opportunity, this suite of services can help.. It will formalize data gathering and communication processes for a winning strategy. And it can help you prepare supporting proposal materials early in the process to avoid the chaos that too often describes proposal development.
- Consultant will conduct a tutorial session covering the type of Customer tendencies, backgrounds, biases, issues, “Hot Buttons”, and buying histories essential to preparing a highly responsive proposal.
- Consultant will coordinate workshop(s) to brainstorm who the Customer is, how it is organized, key players within it, and its key values.
- Consultant will develop a set of Customer knowledge questionnaires and worksheets that will assist your team with:
- Understanding sources of key Customer information
- Understanding what kind of Customer information is important to the Business Capture effort
- Ways that your organization can interact with a potential or existing Customer to influence key decision makers
- Lines of questions that can help your team better understand the most important priorities that ARE NOT within publicly available RFx background documents
- Includes 3 – 5 live meetings/collaborative working sessions of 30 – 45 minutes
- Objective to fill in information templates and develop action item lists
- Define responsibilities on the Business Capture team and timing for key Customer touch points
- Customer Intelligence and Communication Tutorial slide deck (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-25 slides)
- Customer Intelligence and Communication templates and questionnaires (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-25 slides)
TIMING: This work typically requires 2-4 weeks to complete. A specific timeframe for execution will be agreed between Client and Consultant after purchase.
- Client will provide relevant Customer organization background information and identify business development team members and current responsibilities
- Client will provide constructive feedback and guidance in reviews
- Client will review & accept Deliverables with 5 business days of final submission
- Client will provide relevant source materials & data, licensed, company and brand assets & guidelines, etc.
- Out-of-scope or additional requests will require a separate Engagement