Business Opportunity Offering Design and Win Strategy is designed to provide a focus to your business development team necessary to combine all that is known about the prospective Customer, your capabilities, and how to structure and price your offering in order to increase your “probability of win” (Pwin).
Clients who benefit most from this service suite often observe that they keep losing despite spending large sums of money. They also tend to mismatch the performance value of their offering to what the Customer is willing to pay for it; or – they fall victim to “Technically Acceptable / Lowest Price” competition.
If you find your organization in need of a structured approach to understanding how best to structure and price a winning offering against your competition, this service suite will help. It will help you make well-thought “Bid / No Bid” decisions based on price competitiveness. And it can help you prepare supporting proposal materials early in the process to avoid the chaos that too often describes proposal development.
- Consultant will conduct a tutorial session covering the purpose and process for conducting the “Price to Win” analysis
- Consultant will coordinate 3 focused workshop(s) to brainstorm the three parts of the P2W analysis
- Customer data – key requirements, priorities, buying tendencies, affordability considerations, biases and timelines
- Competitor data – recent wins/losses, history with similar customers, pricing tendencies, estimated pricing range, Customer perceptions, technology update
- Client data (you) – pricing constraints / flexibilities, strengths / weaknesses, key risks, technical flexibility, management flexibility
- Consultant will develop a set of P2W worksheets that will assist your team with:
- Documenting analysis and assumptions surrounding Customer budget
- Documenting analysis and assumptions for Client solution offering
- Documenting analysis and assumptions surrounding Competitor solutions
- Summarizing the results of the P2W for alternatives assessment and decision making
- Includes 5 facilitated meetings/collaborative working sessions of 60 – 75 minutes
- The Customer
- Your solution
- 3 Competitors
- P2W Tutorial slide deck (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-25 slides)
- Customer P2W analysis and assumptions templates and questionnaires (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-15 slides)
- Client Solution P2W analysis and assumptions templates and questionnaires (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-15 slides)
- 3 Competitors P2W analysis and assumptions templates and questionnaires (Keynote / MS PowerPoint exported into PDF, 10-15 slides)
- P2W Summary Report – PDF
TIMING: This work typically requires 2-4 weeks to complete. A specific timeframe for execution will be agreed between Client and Consultant after purchase.
- Client has a strong understanding of potential Customer organization, priorities, key personnel, and strategic goals (if not, Service Offering 2: Business Capture – Customer Intelligence and Communication Plan, should be considered before this Service Suite is undertaken)
- Client will provide identified Competitor organizations and any background information and / or access to previous employees.
- Client will provide constructive feedback and guidance in reviews
- Client will review & accept Deliverables with 5 business days of final submission
- Client will provide relevant source materials & data, licensed, company and brand assets & guidelines, etc.
- Out-of-scope or additional requests will require a separate Engagement